Chicago Joint Injury Lawyers
Your Pain Is Real; So Is Our Commitment to Your Case
When people think of catastrophic injuries, they tend to think of disabling injuries that are obvious to anyone with a working pair of eyes. Lost limbs, paralysis, and disfigurement are among the conditions people recognize on sight as being severe and worthy of understanding and sympathy.
But what about the injuries people can't see as easily? When a construction worker permanently injures a knee, shoulder, or elbow while working on the job, is their disability no less real because it isn't immediately noticeable? And what about a car accident victim who can no longer turn or walk without pain because their hip joints were destroyed in a collision? These people deserve a chance at justice.
Find out how our Chicago joint injury attorneys can help you by calling (312) 779-0366.
Fighting for Compensation for Joint Injury Victims
If you sustained a serious joint injury and someone else was to blame, you could be entitled to a significant amount of financial compensation to help you restore your life.
This may include economic and non-economic damages, such as:
- Medical treatment
- Ongoing care, such as physical therapy
- Medication and assistive devices
- Lost wages, earnings, and benefits
- Loss of future/potential earnings
- Emotional trauma, such as pain and suffering
The pain and disability caused by joint injuries are real, and when joint injuries are caused by negligence, it is important that injury victims are compensated. At Morici, Longo & Associates, we strive to obtain the money our injured clients need to cover all losses caused by a serious accident. Our lawyers hold negligent parties accountable for causing these injuries, and we aggressively pursue compensation from them and insurance companies that may be liable for paying injury damages.
Types of Joint Injuries
A joint is any part of the body where two parts of the skeleton are fitted together. We rely on our joints to work properly and without pain so we can perform virtually every motion, including walking, talking, chewing, typing, writing, and performing fine motor skills. If our joints are seriously injured, in addition to immediate medical care such as surgery to repair the joint, we may need extensive physical therapy to try to restore the joint to its prior functionality. If the damage is too extensive, this may be impossible.
Serving Chicago and all of northern Illinois, we help victims of joint injuries such as:
- Shoulder joint injuries, including acromioclavicular (AC) joint injury and rotator cuff tears
- Wrist injuries involving sprains, crushed wrist bones, and torn ligaments
- Elbow injuries involving ligaments, tendons, muscle attachments, and inflamed bursa
- Knee injuries, including torn anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) and posterior cruciate ligament (PCL)
- Ankle injuries, including sprains, tendon and ligament tears, and broken ankle bones
- Shoulder impingement syndrome
- Arthritis, tendinitis, bursitis and carpal tunnel resulting from injury or through repetitive stress
- Musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs), which cause limited mobility and pain in muscles and joints
- Fractured hips and other broken joints
- Dislocations of shoulder, hip, elbow, knee and other joints
See our verdicts & settlements and read our client testimonials for more information about our record of successful recoveries for injured clients and their families.
What Causes Joint Injuries?
Joint injuries may be caused by direct trauma to a joint or by an unnatural twisting or pulling motion. When joint injuries occur in the workplace or are caused by some type of negligent or wrongful act by another person or a company, a person who has experienced that injury may come forward with a claim or lawsuit to pursue the money they need for medical care, and much more.
The following are potential causes of joint injuries:
- Slip and fall accidents
- Falls from heights
- Roofing accidents
- Scaffolding and ladder accidents
- Forklift accidents
- Pedestrian and bicycle accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Car and truck accidents
- Defective and dangerous products
- Assaults and attacks
- Sports-related injuries
- Dog bites and animal attacks
Taking on cases in Chicago and across the surrounding cities and counties, our joint injury lawyers can help with any type of personal injury or workers' compensation claim involving a joint injury. Your full recovery is our priority, and if you work with our firm, we will offer caring guidance every step of the way.
For a Free Consultation, Call Morici, Longo & Associates
At Morici, Longo & Associates, we operate on a contingency fee basis, which means if we don't win, you don't pay. If you or someone you love is currently suffering from a serious joint injury, do not hesitate to contact our Chicago joint injury lawyers for help. We would be happy to meet with you, free of charge, to discuss your injury and the legal options available to you moving forward.
Call us at (312) 779-0366 to get started.