Chicago Burn Injury Lawyer
Representation for Victims of Preventable Injuries
Burn injuries can result from numerous types of accidents like explosions, work accidents or from faulty products. Injuries can range in severity from first-degree burns on an isolated party of the body to devastating third-degree burns that cover a large percentage of one’s body and cause impairment, disfigurement, amputation, or life-long disability. Because burn injuries have such a large potential for life-altering physical ailments, as well as the need for extensive medical treatment, they are commonly considered catastrophic injuries.
Whether it be severe burns, neck and spinal cord injuries, or brain injuries, catastrophic injuries elevate the stakes in any personal injury case. Victims who suffer these serious harms, the long-term or life-long repercussions they create, and tremendous emotional burdens have substantial needs when it comes to their medical expenses, lost wages and future earnings, and pain and suffering, among other damages. That’s why it becomes critical for any victim of serious burn injuries to place their trust in a proven personal injury law firm.
At Morici, Longo & Associates, our Chicago personal injury attorneys have decades of collective experience fighting for injured victims and workers, including those who have suffered burn injuries in all types of preventable accidents or work-related incidents. Our team knows we play an important role in helping clients secure the compensation they need, and we fight aggressively to see that they receive the guidance and representation to resolve their cases as successfully as possible.
Request a FREE case review today by calling (312) 779-0366.
Burn Injury Cases We Handle
As a firm that handles both personal injury and workers’ compensation cases, we can provide representation to injured victims and workers who suffered burn injuries in a range of accidents, including workplace accidents and preventable accidents. Cases we handle include:
- Car accidents and truck accidents
- Electrical accidents
- Explosions and fires
- Chemical and thermal burns
- Industrial accidents
- Construction accidents
- Defective products
- Structure fires/premises liability
- Police & firefighter injuries
Depending on the facts and circumstances involved in your accident, you may have options for pursuing financial compensation that can help you pay for medical expenses, cover lost wages, and more. Below, we explain a few scenarios involving burn injuries and how our team can protect your rights.
- Workplace injuries – Many workers are employed in industries where they face numerous risks of fires, burns, and related injuries. These can result from using dangerous substances and chemicals, electrical wiring or electricity, industrial equipment and machinery, and more. When workers’ suffer burn injuries during the course of performing job-related duties, they have a right to seek benefits through their workers’ compensation insurance, regardless of who is at fault. Our legal team helps injured workers navigate the workers’ comp system to avoid delays and denials. We can also whether third-party negligence may have played a role in their accident, which would entitle workers to file personal injury claims against a third party other than their employers, such as a negligent contractor or product manufacturer.
- Premises liability – Victims may suffer burn injuries due to preventable fires, electrical issues, explosions, and other fire-related hazards while on property owned by another person or entity. In these cases, victims may have the right to seek compensation through premises liability claims from any property owner that failed to address potential hazards they knew or should have known about, such as gas leaks, exposed wiring, flammable substances, safety violations, and more.
- Product liability – Fires and burn injuries are commonly caused by defective and unsafe products, including consumer products, equipment, and machinery that was defectively designed, defectively manufactured, or defectively marketed (i.e. lack of warnings or proper instructions). Because product manufacturers owe consumers who use their products a duty of care, they can be held liable when those products cause unintended harm under product liability laws.
- Explosions and fires – Explosions and fires are substantial risks in many places, including construction sites, plants and refineries, industrial facilities, housing complexes, and other commercial properties or private residences. Should those explosions have been caused by negligence, safety violations, or failures of certain parties to ensure safe practices, victims may have the right to seek compensation for any burn injuries they suffered.
- Car accidents – Victims of car accidents can suffer severe and life-threatening burn injuries in serious auto accidents, especially those involving multiple vehicles, commercial trucks, or any wreck in which a fire ignites. In auto accident cases, victims can hold the at-fault party accountable for their negligence (whether that be a negligent motorist, negligent trucking company, or even the manufacturers of faulty auto parts) and liable for the damages they suffered.
Call (312) 779-0366 For a FREE and Confidential Consultation
Because we focus exclusively on fighting for the injured, our attorneys at Morici, Longo & Associates have the breadth of experience needed to help burn injury victims harmed in all types of accidents.
Learn more about your rights, the personal injury claim process, and how our Chicago burn injury attorneys can help protect your right to a financial recovery by calling (312) 779-0366 or contacting us online.