Chicago Crush Injury Lawyers
Delivering Seasoned Legal Counsel in Your Time of Need
Have you or someone you love experienced a serious crush injury in an accident of any kind? You need to act fast and seek medical attention – and discuss your legal options with a skilled attorney.
At Morici, Longo & Associates, we can offer seasoned legal insight based on our attorneys’ over 100 years of combined legal experience. We handle personal injury, workers’ compensation, product liability, and all other claims related to crush and other catastrophic injuries.
Our team helps victims of crush injuries in the Chicago area resulting from:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Heavy machinery malfunction
- Construction site accidents
- Dog bites and animal attacks
- Defective products
We’re dedicated to helping you seek justice – call (312) 779-0366 to find out how!
What Are the Consequences of a Crush Injury?
Crush injuries occur when a significant amount of force or pressure is put on a body part. These injuries may occur when a part of the body is squeezed between two heavy objects, or when something falls on a body part. Depending on the force applied, considerable physical trauma may occur.
Crush injuries can cause such damage as:
- Broken bones
- Bruises and lacerations
- Nerve damage
- Muscle and other soft-tissue damage
- Compartment syndrome, which causes severe muscle, nerve, and blood vessel damage
- In severe cases, amputation
Recovery may be a long and painful process, particularly if there is muscle and nerve damage. Physical therapy may be required to return function to the affected part of the body, and in some cases, a crushed limb or extremity will never fully recover. A person with such an injury may face limitations not only at work but in performing daily activities, like buttoning a button, typing, or even walking.
With such severe consequences, it is essential to know what to do after a crush injury.
After a Crush Injury
You can take a few crucial steps to protect your health and your ability to recover fair compensation for your crush injuries. Although every case is different, we have compiled a list of actions to take that could benefit your case. If you ever have questions or need anything, we’re happy to offer our insight.
If you or someone you know has sustained a crush injury:
- If there is bleeding, apply direct pressure and elevate the body part.
- Visit your local urgent care center or emergency room or call 911.
- Get the medical attention you need and follow your doctor’s orders.
- Keep records of medical treatment and all related expenses.
- If your injury occurred at work, be sure to inform your supervisor in writing.
- If another party was involved, do not admit fault or apologize for the incident.
- Do not give a statement or accept a settlement until you seek legal counsel.
- Contact an attorney to discuss your legal options.
Talk to an Experienced Attorney at Our Chicago Firm
When you involve a Chicago crush injury attorney at Morici, Longo & Associates, you’ll have a knowledgeable legal professional to discuss your options with you and inform you of your rights. This can make a difference in your peace of mind and in your ability to get the money you need for your medical care, including ongoing treatment or therapy. Securing the best care on your behalf is just one of the ways we want to help right the serious wrongs you have experienced.