Scooter Accident Attorney in Chicago
Representing Victims of Bird, Lime & Rental Scooter Accidents
Electric rental scooters have become the latest transportation innovation, spreading throughout Chicago and major metro areas across the U.S. While these scooters have become increasingly popular, they have also created numerous concerns for local cities over their safety and increased risks of preventable accidents.
At Morici, Longo & Associates, our Chicago scooter accident lawyers represent injured victims who suffered preventable harm and losses as a result of all types of scooter accidents. Due to the unique nature of these new technologies, a lack of regulations regarding their use, and the various issues that can arise when determining fault and liability for victims’ damages, we play an important role in protecting victims’ rights and fighting for the financial compensation they deserve.
Why Choose Morici, Longo & Associates?
- Nationally Recognized Personal Injury Lawyers
- Millions of Dollars in Compensation Recovered
- Decades of Collective Experience
- No Fee Unless We Win
Morici, Longo & Associates represents scooter accident victims throughout Chicago and the state of Illinois, as well as Colorado, California, New York, and Florida.
Scooter Accident Cases We Handle
Electric rental scooters have virtually infiltrated major U.S. cities, with services provided by companies such as Bird, Lime, Skip, and Spin, among others. While these scooters provide consumers with an affordable, eco-friendly, and convenient alternative to traditional transportation at the click of a button, they also pose increased risks of accidents and serious injuries.
Those risks have made many electric scooters the focus of increased criticism and scrutiny from safety advocates and cities throughout the country, and have resulted in a number of personal injury lawsuits filed by victims who suffered preventable harm in all types of scooter accidents. Examples of scooter accidents our firm is prepared to handle include:
- Car Accidents – Scooter riders are highly susceptible to injuries in accidents involving automobiles, including car accidents caused by negligent drivers who failed to uphold their obligations for safely operating their vehicles. These accidents commonly involve motorists who fail to yield when making turns, or who fail to see scooter riders in intersections or when exiting parking lots. Riders injured by negligent drivers have the right to hold them liable for damages.
- Defective Scooters – Scooter service companies have an obligation to ensure the safety of their scooters, and to take reasonable steps that protect customers from suffering preventable harm. When these companies fail to do so, whether as a result of failing to address potential defects or identify and repair broken or misused scooters, they may be held liable for any injuries and damages injured victims suffer as a result.
- Negligent Riders – Scooters pose dangers not only to those riding them, but also to others with whom they share roads, walkways, and public spaces. This is particularly true when riders operate their scooters in a negligent manner and cause preventable pedestrian or bicycle accidents.
- Trip & Fall Hazards – Riders who rent electric scooters using smartphone apps can “return” them simply by ending their ride and leaving their scooters wherever they please. Without safe locations for returning scooters, this arrangement can result in scooters being placed in locations that make them potential hazards for others. This includes not only motor vehicles that may collide with abandoned scooters or swerve or crash to avoid them, but also pedestrians and bicyclists who trip or fall over scooters in dangerous locations.
Because there are many different types of situations involving scooter accidents, determining who is at fault for an accident and liable for victims’ damages is a matter that demands the attention and insight of proven lawyers. Our personal injury attorneys at Morici, Longo & Associates have the experience and resources needed to investigate scooter accidents and determine where liability lies – whether that be a negligent rider, driver, pedestrian, or bicyclist, or scooter companies themselves.
Request a FREE Review of Your Scooter Accident
Morici, Longo & Associates has been fighting for injured victims and families since 1998. Over the course of our 20 years in practice, we have earned national recognition for our work in personal injury law and for our ability to adapt to the latest trends, laws, and technologies that impact our clients’ cases. This insight can prove invaluable for victims of scooter accidents, particularly as they navigate complex issues of liability, legal gray areas, and a personal injury claim process where corporations and insurance companies fight aggressively to pay victims as little as possible.
If you have a potential scooter accident case to discuss in Chicago or anywhere in Illinois, Colorado, California, or Florida, do not hesitate to prove proven personal injury lawyers on your side. Call (312) 779-0366 or contact us online for a FREE consultation.