With Halloween just around the corner, many adults and children are gearing up for a day full of candy, fun, trick-or-treating, and costume parties. While this holiday can be fun and exciting for people of all ages, Halloween is not free of danger. For this reason, individuals should be aware of potential hazards in order to avoid serious and harmful accidents. To help, our Chicago personal injury lawyers have provided safety tips for both adults and children.
Safety tips for Trick-or-Treating Children
Although many trick-or-treaters will roam the streets on Halloween evening, many drivers will remain on the roads at all hours of the day and night. For this reason, parents should instruct their children to abide by the following:
- Use traffic signals and crosswalks to cross streets.
- Always look left, right, and left again when crossing streets.
- Do not look down while walking.
- Do not use electronic devices while crossing streets.
- Make eye contact with drivers before crossing in front of their vehicles.
- Always use walking paths and sidewalks.
- Keep an eye out for cars that are turning or backing up.
Safety Tips for Adults Attending Costume Parties
On Halloween, many adults choose to attend Halloween costume parties. To avoid unnecessary accidents, it is important for adults to act responsibly. Our team suggests that adults should consider the following safety tips:
- Never drive after consuming alcoholic beverages.
- Drive extra cautiously since many pedestrians will be near roads.
- Abide by all speed limits, signals, and traffic signs.
- Anticipate heavier traffic, and do not drive in an impatient manner.
- Take extra time to ensure children and other people are not crossing.
Morici, Longo & Associates is Ready to Fight for Your Rights!
If you have suffered injuries in an accident on Halloween evening or at any other time, we urge you to contact our Chicago personal injury lawyers at Morici, Longo & Associates right away. Call us for a free consultation. Our lawyers will examine the facts of your incident, evaluate your injuries, and advise you how best to proceed. Because we believe accident victims reserve the right to pursue compensation no matter what their financial circumstances may be, we handle all our cases on a contingency-fee basis only!
Call our Chicago personal injury attorneys at Morici, Longo & Associates today! We wish you and your family a Happy Halloween!