Here are just a few tips to help you maintain motorcycle safety when driving a car or truck:
- Allow a 4 to 5 seconds following distance behind a motorcycle
- Motorcycles are easily masked by a car’s blind spots, or bushes, trees, fences, and other vehicles
- Always visualize a motorcycle is closer than it appears
- Always look for motorcycles when driving, changing lanes or turning at intersections
- It is as simple as this: start recognizing motorcycles
There is a lot more you can do to help keep yourself and other motorists safe while driving, but these were just a few examples of how to prevent motorbike injuries and other serious accidents.
If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident and as a result inflicted serious injuries, please contact our office at Morici, Longo & Associates at (312) 372-9600 to schedule a FREE consultation to discuss your motor vehicle accident and related injuries.